2023 PGA Shop Sweepstakes Rules
The PGA SHOP Sweepstakes
The PGA Shop Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is subject to these Official Rules. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by and administered by Legends Global Merchandise, LLC, 61 Broadway, Suite 2400, New York, NY 10006 (“Legends” or “Sponsor”).
4. COVID-19 ADVISORY. This Sweepstakes may be cancelled in the event the COVID-19 virus or resulting challenges make it impossible to continue to administer the Sweepstakes.
5. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01am (“EDT”) on May 11, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 14, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct one (1) prize drawing from among all eligible entries received (“Drawing”).
6. How to Enter the Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, for on-site entries, locate and scan the QR code at the merchandise tent at the Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, New York, during retail business hours or access the website at https://shop.pga.com/pages/2023-pga-shop-sweepstakes-sweepstakes (via email prompt or independently) and follow the instructions. Regardless of method of entry, once you reach the landing page, you will be required to enter your first and last name and email address, along with your city and state of residence.
ONLY ONE ENTRY PER NATURAL PERSON, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period, according to Sponsor’s time clock. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Entrant (as defined below), the Selected Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account provided in the entry was opened.
Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Prize: There will be one drawing, on or about May 22, 2023. Sponsor or Administrator will select one (“1”) winner from among all eligible entries received (“Selected Entrant”). The prize consists of one (“1”) gift card redeemable at shop.pga.com. Total ARV of Prize: $500.
9. Prize Condition. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided, however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant is not entitled to any difference between the actual value and the retail value of any prize. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Selected Entrant is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable or if Selected Entrant cannot accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrants. Prize will not be replaced in the event Selected Entrant loses gift card.
Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant:
The Selected Entrant will be contacted using the information contained in the entry. Selected Entrant will have seventy-two (72) hours to respond and claim their prize. If they do not respond within seventy-two (72) hours, a new winner may be selected. Selected Entrants may also be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). If the Selected Entrant is a minor, s/he/they may be required to have a parent or guardian sign the Release in order to receive the prize. Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within five (5) days from the date of notification. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, up to one (1) time, if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrant will have the prize sent by email or post mail, at Sponsor’s discretion, within eight (8) to ten (10) business days of the date on which Sponsor receives the Selected Entrant’s address and the completed, signed Release.
11. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s name and Entrant’s biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including, without limitation, commercial, advertising, and promotional purposes as well as in, on, and/or in connection with the Sweepstakes or other promotions and hereby releases Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, and except where prohibited, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended, and/or modified, in whole or in part, if, in Sponsor’s opinion, any fraud, technical failure, or other factor beyond Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who it determines is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or websites in connection therewith, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes and/or to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot, or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant, regardless of country. CAUTION: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to seek all available remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution, except where prohibited for any acts in violation of these Official Rules.
13. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Except where prohibited, Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and PGA and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, or unintelligible entries, communications, or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software, or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays, or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of a prize or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure, or incompatibility, typographical, technical, or key-stroke errors, interruptions in internet service, or for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select a winner from all eligible, non-suspect submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
14. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of New York. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the Entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor or PGA shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to email@example.com. Please specify the name of the sweepstakes. Sweepstakes results will be available for ninety (90) days from date of prize award.
© 2023, Legends. All rights reserved.